CSA: Week 26
This is the LAST week of the CSA for the year. I can’t believe it’s been 26 weeks! This CSA season has renewed my love of CSAs and I’m looking forward to next season already.
I have to say that I’m pretty happy about being back to my biweekly meal planning and shopping though! There’s something about coming home with groceries for two full weeks that makes my heart happy.
Lessons learned this year:
- We don’t really like eggplant. I made one dish I thought was pretty okay and Gavin tolerated and that was the success of the summer.
- There’s no real need to peel carrots or salad turnips, especially when they’re tiny. Thankfully.
- Seeded watermelon is not good for the lunchbox.
- Put up tomatoes, put up tomatoes, put up tomatoes.
This last box had:
- Green onions
- Bell peppers
- Broccoli slaw with pecans and cranberries
- Sweet potato and poblano pepper soup
- Thai chicken pizza
- Pasta with chicken, spinach, and cherry tomatoes in creamy feta sauce (I’m using sun-dried tomatoes)
- Chorizo and bell pepper scrambled eggs
- Roasted butternut squash
- Broccoli cheese casserole
- Butternut squash, poblano, and chicken quesadillas